Shuswap Band entered into the Framework Agreement on First Nation Land Management with Canada on April 13, 2012. We then developed a Land Code as contemplated by the Framework Agreement and presented it to the membership of the Shuswap Band for ratification on August 21-22, 2014 and September 4-5, 2014 in accordance with the First Nations Land Management Act. We then passed the Land Code and it came into force on February 1, 2015.
This allows us jurisdiction over our Reserve Lands and removes ISC from any decisions, approvals or policy-making including Economic Development and Law Creation.
We currently do not have a dedicated Economic Development Officer but we are able to assist members with development within their CP Land.
If you have any questions, concerns or interest in learning more about the following and how the Lands Department can assist you, please contact Sierra Stump.
We assist membership with:
- Permitting – building permits and letters of authorization, etc.
- Land Transfers
- Estate transfers
- Wills and Estates (creating a will or power of attorney)
- Trespass complaints
Shuswap Band Contact
RR #2-3A-492 Arrow Rd.
Invermere, BC V0A 1K2
Tel: (250) 341-3678 ext #1014
Fax: (250) 341-3683
The following forms are approved by Shuswap Band for use in the First Nations Land Registry System:
- FORM SIB – 00 Request for Replacement of Title – [PDF] [Word Doc]
- FORM SIB – 01 CP Transfer – [PDF] [Word Doc]
- FORM SIB – 02 General – [PDF] [Word Doc]
- FORM SIB – 03 Mortgage – [PDF] [Word Doc]
- FORM SIB – 04 Other – [PDF] [Word Doc]
- FORM SIB – 05 Execution – [PDF] [Word Doc]
- FORM SIB – 06 Schedule – [PDF] [Word Doc]
- Building Permit Fee Schedule
- Building Permit Checklist
- Owners Authorization
- Building Permit – Application Form
- Owners Acknowledgement
A Band Council Resolution has replaced the Shuswap Band Council Consent form that was previously required. The Band will generate this at the time that your documents are submitted.
Please note that cheques should be made payable to Shuswap Band and submitted with your documents. Note further that the Shuswap Band does not, at this time, charge GST on the registration fees.
For Tax & Utility Searches, please have the following form filled out completely before making your requests to our office:
Land Use Plans & Land Code
Land Code Committee:
- Councillor Mark Thomas (nominated)
- Katherine Stevens (elected)
- Angela Eugene (elected)
- Sierra Stump (staff, Lands Department)
POSTED FOR NOTIFICATION
The following laws were enacted on an emergency basis on June 12th 2019 at a duly convened Chief and Council meeting.
Shuswap Indian Band intends to enact them permanently; pursuant to Sect. 7.2 and 7.4 of the Shuswap Indian Band Land Code.