Deadline: August 21, 2020
Kenpesq’t GP Ltd. is a wholly owned entity of the Shuswap Indian Band, located in Invermere, British Columbia. We are looking for Directors to lead Kenpesq’t GP according to our mandate of carrying out economic development activities on behalf of the Shuswap Indian Band in a manner that is consistent with social, environmental and cultural goals of the Band. We are now in the process of reorganizing company activities and structure and are looking for individuals to serve as Directors that can commit between two to three years in this capacity.
The Primary Responsibilities of Kenpesq’t GP Directors are to:
- Review and update strategic plans as required;
- Approve annual business plans consistent with the strategic plan for management to implement;
- Meet approximately four to six times per year to oversee management and provide support where necessary;
- Report to the Shuswap Indian Band Chief and Council as well as membership; and
- Establish policies that reflect laws and requirements as established by the Shuswap Indian Band.
The Skills, Experience and Personal Qualities of Directors we are looking for are:
- Business experience in accounting, finance, human resources, and/or marketing;
- A strong ability to understand financial and non-financial performance reports;
- Knowledge of, and experience in one or more of the following sectors: Commercial Development, Natural Resource Development, Tourism, Retail, and others;
- Previous board experience and training in business, finance or government relations;
- An understanding of Secwepemc culture and/or experience in working with First Nations;
- The willingness to devote time required to carry out Director duties and responsibilities;
- The ability to be impartial, trustworthy and respectful of confidentiality that the role requires;
- A positive attitude that promotes teamwork; and
- Values similar to that of the Shuswap Indian Band and its culture.
Directors will be paid an honorarium and reimbursed for travel expenses in support of Board meetings. Directors are being sought through a competitive, fair and transparent process to help lead this exciting initiative. We thank all interested applicants in advance and look forward to sharing experiences with successful candidates.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, via email, in support of your application by 4:30 pm on August 21, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org