The Shuswap Indian Band is location in the beautiful Columbia Valley near Invermere, BC and operated two office buildings that are host to many member, client and customer programs and services. The Shuswap Band is seeking a qualified and motivated full-time receptionist.
Supporting the entire organization, the receptionist is required to receive all visitors, route phone calls, handle various administrative duties throughout the day between hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (with no exceptions). The ideal candidate will have the ability to work effectively in diverse environment where change and flexibility is essential. The receptionist will be responsible for providing a high level of initiative, integrity, reliability, confidentiality and professionalism.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum grade 12, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years reception and/or switchboard experience
- Computer training and office equipment experience
- Ability to interact positively with council, staff, members, public and professional service providers
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Criminal Record Check
- In accordance with the Shuswap Indian Band’s equity plan and pursuant to section 42 of the BC Human Rights code, preference will be given to Aboriginal peoples. Candidates from this group who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
For full job description or to apply contact Angela Sarsons, Director of Operations
Fax: 250-341-3683 | Email: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: September 20, 2019 by 4 pm