LAND USE PLAN
COMMUNITY MEETING AND UPCOMING VOTE
OPEN TO ALL SHUSWAP INDIAN BAND MEMBERS
Date: Wednesday, September 30th, 2020
Time: 6:00 pm
Location: Virtual Meeting via Zoom (Details to be sent by email in coming days)
The Shuswap Indian Band is currently undertaking an update to the community’s on-reserve Land Use Plan. A previous version of the Plan was taken to the community for a ratification vote in 2018, and while the community did vote in favour of ratifying the Plan, the vote did not pass due to insufficient voter turnout (20% plus 1 eligible voters).
WHAT HAS BEEN UPDATED IN THIS PLAN?
This Land Use Plan largely remains consistent with the Plan presented to the community in 2018.
Some changes include:
• Updating the Plan with the latest population and housing information available;
• Revising the names of some Land Uses;
• Updated mapping;
• Updating the implementation and action items to reflect initiatives recently undertaken by
the community; and
• General formatting and layout changes.
• The Land Use Plan is available for review and comment on Shuswap’s website
• A community meeting will be held on September 30th, 2020 to present the Plan to the
community and ask for feedback.
• In the first few days of October, the Plan will be presented to the community for a second
time prior to going to a ratification vote
• October 29th, 2020 a ratification vote will take place
EARN A $25 GIFT CERTIFICATE!
To encourage participation in the ratification vote, all eligible voters will earn a $25 gift certificate upon casting a vote!
Please reach out to Interim Lands Manager Sierra Stump should you have any questions or concerns. 250-341-3678 ext. 1014